Friday, January 23, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
....been looking on the internet for ideas for wedding cakes, even though i already KNOW what i want!! Hahaha!!! Been trying to broaden my mind but i just know what we're having!! Hahaha!!! Lee just doesn't have a choice! Poor Leo! Not giving it away though...sorry!Looked at cake toppers as well....found THE MOST AMAZING ones ever!!! Might have a little try at making them myself....but im sure that's gonna end up as a disaster so i'll get my pennies ready to pay someone else to do it!! Hahaha!!! But again, im not telling what they are!
So basically writing all the above is pointless cos im not actually telling anything! Hahaha!!
Favours - Been thinking about these loads... want something cool but not too expensive. Something people can use, eat, keep so it's not a waste of money!
- Dont want the sugared almonds (even though i LOVE eating them!), been thinking something cute, funny, edible like Love Hearts, little sticks of seaside rock with our names going through them, personalised M&Ms (yes, you heard that right!! You can get them personalised!!), or little iced cookies/gingerbread biccies with our initials on them.
- Little soaps in a bag (have a friend who makes soaps) in heart and star shapes...
- Chocolate bars with personalised wedding-esque wrappers. (again, a friend of mine makes these and would probably be able to do them how i want them)
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
The top ones are my favourite!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The lady on the phone was cool. She didnt have to sell it to us cos we're already booked so she was quite honest. Said that the owners daughter got married last year and had 180 people sitting down for a meal which was a little bit squashed but not uncomfortable....so our 140 would be cool! She said 120 - 150 is perfect (whoop).
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Right, here's the start of the craziness!! Thought i'd keep a blog purely for wedding stuff to keep a track on all the happenings of what's going into making sure our wedding is wicked!! Even though we set the date months ago now that our wedding is next year we really have to get it all organised and planned out properly and im starting to get for real excited!!
Im half mega looking forward to all the planning and picking and choosing but half nervous... im completely rubbish at organising things and i know im going to have a mini heart attack over it all!!!!!! Doesn't help that 2 countries are involved!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Im sure me and Lee are going to have fights and disagreements along the way and im pretty sure im gonna end up calling it all off about 100 times but it'll be worth it when im wearing my pretty dress (accompanied by white boots - none of this airy fairy wedding shoe malarky for me!), with all my important people around us!!! :)
What needs to be done?
- Venue - Booked and deposit paid. Wanna go down and see it again and hopefully get a food tasting opportunity. Got to decide who is going in what rooms....that is when we make our list and know who's definately coming.
- Church - Booked. Gotta sort out all the registry and all that malarky! But that doesn't need doing until nearer the time!
- Guest List - WRITE A LIST OF GUESTS!!!!!!! How hard is this!!!! Seriously....we know too many people! It's so hard to decide who to invite and who to miss out! It's so mean....'you are not worthy'! :( Poo!! Cue first argument for me and Leo!!!
- CAKE!!!!! - Know what i want. Have a pic. Just need to find someone i trust to make my beautiful masterpiece...and not for €5million. Cakes are so expensive!!! Getting chocolate biscuit....dribble...none of that crappy fruit cake pants of us!!!
- Dress - Need my dress.... kinda have an idea of what i want but dunno if it's gonna happen! Want Lea and Oz here to help me but not sure when that will happen! Dying to get it now....but i think the anticipation is part of all the excitement!!!! Also need shoes, jewellery, underwear etc
- Bridesmaid Dresses - Gonna let the girlies pick their dresses (as long as i like them!!hahaha!!) Want them to look and feel cool...no puffball pants please!!
- Flowers - For the church, me, bridesmaids, button holes....the reception has flowers included so that's cool.
- Suits - For Lee, Russler, Chris (who's giving me away), Terry, 3 groomsmen and Ros.
- Favours - Want something cool but not expensive! Something people will eat/use/keep so its not a waste of money!
- Invitations - If time allows i might attempt these myself! Why pay someone for something that i can do myself!!
- Hair/makeup - not goin mad on this...happy to do my own make up and just get a hairdresser friend to do our bouffants!
- Little extras - We have a few little ideas up our sleeves to make the day (sounds wierd when you realise this is all for one day!) even more cool but these will only be happening if we dont run out of dough.
I know there is stuff missed out and im gonna poo when i remember them!!! But that's the jist of what we need to start on!